I have friends who go to Dubai for vacations every year. They love the shopping and of course the Dubai resorts are sensational. Here”s an overview for how to plan your Dubai trip.
A vacation in Dubai can be the ultimate in luxury – if you plan ahead. Here’s how to find the best Dubai hotels, resorts, transportation and attractions to have the time of your life.
Why go to Dubai
Dubai is the largest of the United Arab Emirates (in terms of population). It’s considered the “Shopping Capital of the Middle East” and draws shoppers from Eastern Europe, Africa and India. It is known for its market districts (or souks) located near the docks where native boats (called dhows) import their wares. There are also modern shopping malls throughout the nation.
But there’s much more to Dubai than shopping, many people come to explore the old city, to experience pearl diving, to explore the Al Fahidi Fort and to watch sporting events like the Dubai World Cup, the richest horse race in the world. Dubai has built a reputation as an excellent port for cruise ships and a prime destination for business conferences.
In addition, Dubai boasts some of the most beautiful scenery in the world with beautiful sandy beaches lined with palm trees. Eco-tourism is becoming increasingly popular, as everyone wants to preserve Dubai’s beauty.
Book your flight
travel agent or favorite online travel site should be able to easily arrange for your trip to Dubai. Hotel, flight/cruise, accommodation packages are readily available. Most major airlines, including Delta, United, British Airways, Lufthansa and Air India offer service to Dubai as do most major cruise ship lines. Be sure to book your flight well in advance in order to get the best price.
One of the best ways to visit Dubai is to stay in one of its many luxury resorts. For example, Atlantis, the Palm hotel is the height of luxury. Situated on Palm Jumeirah, a man-made island, that features waterpark, white sandy beaches, world-class cuisine, a spa, boutiques and – best of all – a world-class marine habitat to explore. Dubai hotels, especially the many resorts, provide an all-in-one travel experience: food, accommodations, family activities, couples activities, it’s all there. You won’t have to worry about a thing, just live in the lap of luxury.
Anything that is not in your all-inclusive Dubai hotel can easily be found nearby. Most people get around by taxi, the most familiar being the cream-colored Dubai Transportation Company cabs. There are many other cab companies too, all with courteous drivers and reasonable fares. Your hotel may also have its own transportation service as well. If not, the concierge will easily be able to help you arrange transportation to any place you want to go.
Once you’ve checked in at your hotel, you’ll want to take in the sights. When in Dubai, don’t miss:
- the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower, which has incredible views at the top.
- the Dubai Fountains, with more than 6,600 WET superlights and 25 color projectors and a system that can shoot water 500 feet into the air for the most spectacular water display in the world
- Global Village, a multi-cultural entertainment and shopping attraction
- Dubai Creek, the historic center of the city
- Dubai Marina, where visitors can view the luxury yachts, visit amazing skyscrapers and taste the very best gourmet cuisine
- Wild Wadi, a water park with 30 rides the whole family can enjoy
Part of the fun of traveling is the chance to sample new foods. Dubai is world-renowned for its Arabian, Iranian, Lebanese and Moroccan cuisine. Be sure to try:
- Wara enab (leaves stuffed with rice)
- Kousa Mahshi, stuffed zucchini
- Hummus (a delicious chickpea paste)
- Tabbouleh (a spread of mint, parsley and crushed wheat)
- Ghuzi (roast lamb with rice and nuts).
- Any of the many types of seafood
- Mehalabeya (a pudding of rosewater and pistachios)
- Shawarma (a bread pocket filled with lamb and salad – a delightful snack)
No matter which Dubai hotel you choose, you will won’t have a care in the world. Every hotel has all the luxury and necessary amenities you need: beauty salons and spas, fitness centers, business and nursery facilities, medical centers, movies, porters, internet, cable television, nightclubs and more.
Whether you are planning a trip to Dubai for romance, family fun, business or just to explore another part of the world, you’ll find plenty to see and do. Start making your travel plans today.
Check out Dubai hotels and restaurants and plan your vacation well.