Advantages and Disadvantages of Having Sex with Your Ex
Friends with benefits can have its complications so what sort of problems will you encounter whilst having sex with your ex? Can you maintain a healthy friendship or are things just going to get too messy?
Recent studies have suggested that having sex with an ex partner may not be as bad as you think. Married couples who had recently separated showed that they were feeling better in themselves if they had sex with their exes rather than trying to stay friends. There is however always a possibility that it won’t be plain sailing.
Advantages of having sex with your ex partner
- Your ex partner is very familiar to you having spent a lot of time together in the past. There is no need to worry about shopping for lingerie as you are already used to each other and know what each wants and needs. However, if you want to spice up what may have been somewhat of a dull sex life then some sexy knickers might not go amiss.
- After a break up it is often hard to find a new sexual partner on cue. Sex with your ex is available and can relieve any sexual frustration you have been having.
Disadvantages of having sex with your ex partner
- More often than not you both want different things. You may want to rekindle what you had whereas your partner just wants to have sex.
- Remember why you and your ex are no longer together, sex won’t necessarily fix this.
- Having sex with your ex can hinder you getting over him/her and stop you from entering into a new relationship.
- You may still love your partner. If you still have feeling for your partner sex will only increase these feelings. Sex is an extremely intimate activity making room for all sorts of feelings to begin spiraling out of control.
There do appear to be more disadvantages than advantages of engaging in sexual activities with an ex partner. Whether or not it will work though is really down to how well you have adjusted to the break up. Each person is individual. If you still have feelings for you ex it is not a good idea to have sex with him/her as it could become messy. It is something you must give a lot of consideration to especially if you do not want to get hurt or alternatively hurt your ex partner.
If you and your partner’s intentions are simply to have sex then yes it can be a fantastic opportunity for you to fulfill your sexual needs. You may even find it easier to explore new things now that you are no longer together and allow yourself to be a little freer.
Remember before you strip off make sure that you can emotionally cope with having sex with an ex partner. If you are worried you can’t the best thing to do would be to stay away, you could be taking a big risk with your feelings. Or you could be having some fun, just make sure you are safe and careful.
Dating Symbol’s guest blogger today is Emma who writes for Cinderella Lingerie and is an expert on pleasing your man in your bedroom.